In the years since we started as a domain registrar, we’ve come to serve an increasingly diverse array of people looking to claim their own place online. Not just website developers and IT pros, but also a retiree starting her own cooking video channel; a student writing an online resume to help him get an internship; a dad blogging his project to restore an old Volkswagen.
Some of these customers’ projects are modest and others are hugely ambitious. But to us, they all contribute to the expanding and increasingly diverse online landscape we traverse every day. Our founding belief is that everyone should be able to represent themselves online easily, affordably, and with full trust in their domain registrar. As the Internet (and its population) continues to grow and change, these ideals ring truer to us than ever.
And now, in that spirit, we’re pleased to unveil one of our biggest improvements to date — one that reaffirms our commitment to empowering our customers, whatever their stories may be. Say hello to the newly redesigned uniteddomains.com.
A New Beginning
We’ve rebuilt our website from the ground up to serve you better than ever. This redesign is much more than a new coat of paint, so to get the fullest experience we recommend trying it out for yourself. But first, here’s a rundown of some of the more substantial changes we’ve made.
To visually represent our longstanding commitments to honest, simple, and proficient domain management for everyone, we’ve revamped our website’s overall look and feel to be cleaner, calmer, and easier to navigate. We think you’ll find it makes for a smoother browsing experience, too.
We’ve designed and built this new website from the ground up, so much of the code is totally new. Our site’s never loaded faster or looked better. And our retooled responsive layout looks great from any kind of device.
New Search Filters
Having options is crucial when picking your domain, but scrolling through hundreds of candidates to find the right name can be a pain in the neck (not to mention the index finger). So, we’ve added custom filters to let you easily narrow down your search results. Here are the filters you can apply now:
- Domain Category: Seek out a relevant domain name that fits what you’re trying to do. For example, if you need a domain for your café’s website, click Food and Cuisine to see only culinarily-relevant extensions, like .cafe and .restaurant.
- Availability Status: Easily filter search results to show only domains that are available for non-binding pre-registration, binding pre-order, or live registration.
- Hide Taken Domains: Selecting this option will reveal only the domain names that are available now.
And one other thing: selecting multiple categories will expand results, rather than narrowing them. Because it’s good to keep your options open.
We’ve improved our menu bar to make it easier to get around and find what you need:
- You can get to your account login portal from anywhere on our site by selecting the person icon at the top of the page. (If you’re on mobile, just select the menu button at the top of the page, then select the person icon. Easy!
- Our Knowledgebase and Contact Support pages can now be found under Help & Support at the top of the page.
Domain Connect (New Name, Same Great Service)
Our newbie-friendly, labor-saving Web Apps service has been renamed to Domain Connect! Aside from the new title, though, there’s not much we’ve changed here. You can use Domain Connect to easily use your domain with third-party services people recognize and trust; same as always. But be on the lookout! Some nifty upgrades to the Domain Connect service are on the horizon.
More to come
This redesign is the result of months of hard work, and we’re confident it will provide the best domain registration experience we’ve ever offered. But this isn’t the end. We’re putting the finishing touches on some awesome new things sure to make your experience even better. Stay tuned for more announcements in the weeks to come.
Until then, we invite you to click around our new website and send any feedback along to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.